Skip to main content
Create interactive lessons using any digital content including wikis with our free sister product
. Get it on the
FHS Wolves Den
Pages and Files
Help for Teachers
The Hunger Games
Learning With Music
Read Write Think
Wolf Pack News
Directions to FHS
Bookmark this on Delicious
Language Practice and AHSGE Language Objectives
Welcome! I see that I have many visitors to this page! Use the discussion tab on this page to share other grammar sites, information about your school, or anything else you'd like to share with us in Fayetteville, Alabama. Again, welcome!
Active and Passive Voice
My new favorite place for learning and practicing grammar skills.
This wonderful web site is loaded with interactive language quizzes to help you master all of the objectives for the Alabama High School Graduation Exam.
English Leap- Learn English
Learn English Speaking ,grammar,improve vocabulary and practice lots of English exercises online.
English Exercises Online
More than 100 interactive quizzes!
This "clearinghouse" site has dozens of different grammar games
From the English-Zone site, Grammar Zone has some great interactive quizzes that give immediate feedback!
Language Objective on the Alabama High School Graduation Exam
· Identify correct noun forms
Make sure plural words are spelled correctly (indexes, donkeys, foxes, bushes); Remember - sisters-in-law not sister-in-laws and other compound nouns; Be able to tell the difference between singular possessive and plural possessive.; Words with aposrtophes must own the word that follows it. Otherwise it doesn't need an apostrophe. Ex. the rose bushes' are blooming. ("Are" doesn't belong to the bushes.)
Objective I-1 Identify Correct Noun Forms.ppt
· Identify correct verb forms
· Recognize subject-verb agreement
· Recognize pronoun-antecedent agreement
Practice on Chomp Chomp
· Identify verb shifts
· Identify correct pronoun case
· Identify effective use of voice
· Determine correct use of modifiers
· Identify commonly confused words
· Use clear, vivid, precise language
· Use formal and informal language
· Demonstrate correct sentence structure
· Demonstrate internal parallelism
· Demonstrate correct use of capitalization
· Demonstrate correct use of commas
· Demonstrate semicolon and colon usage
· Demonstrate quotation marks and underlining
· Demonstrate correct use of apostrophe
· Paragraph progression and completeness
help on how to format text
Turn off "Getting Started"